Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Q&A: How do I tell my parents I'm thinking of having sexual intercourse?



Q&A: How do I tell my parents I'm thinking of having sexual intercourse?

Q: Some teenagers deem it really embarrassing to bring up such topic to their parents. But you should know that your parents could give you better information, advice, and support than you could get anywhere else.

If you’re afraid of them freaking out, you may want to wait to have this discussion until all of you are ready for it. When you’re all set to talk to your parents, try using a magazine article or TV show as a jumping-off point to strike a conversation regarding sex.

Better yet, you might try to start talking about a friend who's deciding to have sex and see how your parents react. It could take more than just a single conversation about such issue before you get to feel comfortable sharing about your personal feelings and intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment