Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Q&A: How Do You Let Go of Your Alcoholic Husband?



Q: My husband is a recovering alcoholic. He has been sober for almost 30 days now. He is on this certain medication that would make you very sick the moment you have an alcoholic intake. He has done some serious damage to our marriage. I just want him to hug me or go to movies with me. He doesn’t want to. He always wants to spend time by himself. Am I wasting my time?

A: You can take it one day at a time. There should be high caution since the sobriety is still fresh. Your husband must own up to his previous mistakes and confront his shame. Express your hurt and anger with him and yourself if you permitted his drinking problem in any way. You can handle this best with the help of a counselor trained in substance abuse. 



No comments:

Post a Comment